Custom selection of the following attributes:
- Any size up to 23ft x 34ft
- Tibetan highland wool
- Pure silk
- Plant fibers including hemp and jute
- Rectangular, square, hexagonal, circular etc.
- Existing Ralo™ designs
- Unique designs provided by client
- Hundreds of natural vegetal dye colors
- Hundreds of Swiss aniline dye colors
- Undyed wool tones
- Traditional cut pile or uncut looped pile
- Pile height
- Shag pile
The Ralo design team assists in the selection and coordinating of colors
Depending on the selected design and size of the rug, our team scales the custom design to the client's specifications
Finally, our team creates a computer rendition of the final design and the color selections
Natural fibers are hand dyed in small batches for the selected colors
Using a customized template, our weavers hand-tie each knot individually on a vertical loom
If requested, a 20"x20" sample can be produced for a surcharge
Our team monitors the weaving process to ensure the fabrication proceeds smoothly
To learn more about how our carpets are made click here.
After the custom rug is woven, it is hand- trimmed, washed, sun-dried, and undergoes finishing
Custom carpets are ready to deliver within 16 to 24 weeks of order confirmation
Rush order options exist for those with more pressing time frames
Process & Terms
Due to the labor intensive nature of rug production, a deposit is required to properly cover the costs of raw materials and labor for our weavers.
1. A 50% deposit is required to begin work on custom orders.
2. The client provides Ralo with the design, size, scale, and colors specifications through a collaborative process.
3. Based on these specifications, Ralo's workshop will prepare a 24” X 24” strike off sample for the client’s approval.
4. Upon approval of the strike-off the rug will be woven as per the custom order specifications.
5. Cancellation of orders after approval of the strike-off will forfeit the full deposit, due to the labor intensive nature of rug production.